It’s Time to Get Our Feet Wet! Please spread the word! All are welcome!
Place: Crowley County Park (Lake Meredith Seaplane Base (CO1))
Date: June 15, 2019
Time: 8 am to 4 pm
This year we will have:
- A Flight Simulator (MSFightSim) for those wanting to try their hand.
- A Free BBQ Picnic Lunch for all seaplane pilots, their passengers, and anyone signing up for the Seaplane Pilots Association and/or Colorado Pilots Association.
- Flight Levels to Floats – Presented by Mary Smith, Training Program Manager, B787 Dreamliner, United Airlines
- Ketchikan Midair Collision – Presented By Darrel Dilley, Certified Flight Instructor, EAA Member
- Invasive Species & Inspections – Presented By Bruce Bishop, Former Airline Captain
- Preparing to be a Seaplane Pilot – the requirements and standards, – Presented By Darrel Dilley
- Some pilots may give rides. If you would like a ride, staff members can help you make contact with a pilot that may be willing to oblige.
Staff members will be wearing bright yellow safety vests. Contact them with any concerns or questions.
The event will be at the Crowley County Park on the north shore of the lake. Park entrance is on County Lane 21 south, off State Highway 96 between Ordway and Sugar City.
The Seaplane area is west of the park entrance.
For attendees needing hotel accommodations, the closest rooms are in Ordway; La Junta has a bigger selection and more modern accommodations. Contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance in finding a room.
If you inten
The nearest convenience store (JRs, 719-267-3262) is 3.1 miles in Ordway via County Roads 21 and G (the roads are mostly unpaved and dusty, but otherwise in good condition). JRs has a dump station ($10).
There will be promotional “give-away” items for you as well as for the kids. This will be fun!
The Colorado Mountain Splash-In and picnic are scheduled for July 20, 2019, at Kenney Reservoir, Rangely, CO.
It’s Time to Get Our Feet Wet!